ABSTRACTIn the Nigeria, the driving licence is the official document which authorises its holder to operate various types of motor vehicle on highways and some other roads to which the public have access. In Nigeria, they are administered by the Road Safty. A driving licence is required in Nigeria by any person driving a vehicle on any highway or other road defined in s.192 Road Traffic Act 1988 irrespective of ownership of the land over which the road passes thus including many which allow the public to pass over private land. National driver’s license registration and management system is a research work aimed at studying the registration system in Nigeria, identifying the setbacks, and developing a system that will make use of computerization to enhance driver’s license registration and authentication.
This will in many ways facilitate proper documentation of driver’s license registration and licensing in Nigeria. It will also help Road safety commission track people who are not suppose to drive vehicles due to non issuance of driver’s license. Hence the implementation will help to generate revenue to government and facilitate timely licensing of driver’s license. The methodology adopted will involve the use of computer for the data capture and the program will be implemented using Visual Basic 6.0.
1.1 Background of the Study
In Bretain, the minimum driving age for a car or van is 17 while a moped or restricted-power motorcycle can be ridden at 16. Anyone receiving Disability Living Allowance at the higher rate (mobility component) may drive a car or van from the age of 16. Until a United Kingdom driving test (which consists of three sections: theory and a hazard perception test followed by a supervised driving examination) has been passed a driver may hold only a provisional licenceand be subject to certain conditions.
The conditions attached to provisional licences of a particular category of vehicle are:
- L-plates or (in Wales only) D plates (Welsh: Dysgwr) must be conspicuously displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle.
- Learner drivers of a particular category and transmission type of vehicle must be accompanied by somebody aged at least 21 who has held a full driving licence for that category and transmission type for at least three years, except in the case of solo motorcycles and vehicles of certain categories designed solely for one person.
- No trailer may be towed, except when driving a tractor or where a full licence gives provisional entitlement to drive a car with trailer, large goods vehicle with trailer or bus with trailer.
- Motorcycle riders must not carry any pillion passenger.
- Bus drivers must not carry any passenger except a person giving or receiving instruction.
- Motorways must not be used by holders of car and motorcycle provisional licences, excluding B+E learner drivers.
After passing a driving test, the provisional licence may be surrendered within two years in exchange for a full UK licence for the relevant kind of vehicle. Full car licences allow use of mopeds and motorcycles provided a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) course is completed (the requirement to have a CBT in Northern Ireland was introduced on 21 Feb 2011). There are no restrictions on newly passed drivers in England, Wales or Scotland (unlike Northern Ireland), but if a newly qualified driver is given six penalty points within two years of passing, the licence is automatically cancelled and the driver must pass the full test again. The six points remains on the new licence until their designated expiry time. It is optional to display newly passed green on white ‘P’ (for Probationer) plates on the vehicle of newly passed drivers.
Motor car licences issued in the United Kingdom distinguish between automatic and manual transmission vehicles dependent upon whether or not a driving test was passed in a vehicle with manual transmission (unless a vehicle test was taken in the UK before such discrimination was made). Whilst a manual transmission vehicle licence permits the holder to drive a vehicle of either kind, an automatic transmission vehicle licence is solely for vehicles with automatic transmission. The licence also shows if a driver requires glasses or contact lenses to meet the legal driving requirements, if known.
Forklift trucks require a separate licence, issued by third-party training companies rather than the DVLA/DSA, which regulate all other vehicles.
Whilst the DVLA has included Welsh on driver licences issued in Wales for many years, requests for Scots Gaelic – also an official language in the UK – to be included on licences issued to drivers resident in Scotland have so far been rejected.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Driver’s licensing is a job that requires accuracy of data and this exercise is required for every new registration. So a lot of people bring their vehicle to licensing office for registration and driver’s licensing, hence, resulting to the large crowd that is always witnessed in licensing office. This was when the manual system was still in use. Therefore, going by this method of issuing license to drivers, licensing officers encounter a lot of problems which includes:
1. Multiple registration
2. Delay in issuing driving license to vehicle owners.
4. Irregular renewal of driver’s license
5. Lost of revenue by government due to fake registration papers
1.3 Objectives of the Project
The objective of this study is to design a system that will assist Licensing Office to issue driver’s license to vehicle owners. So the new system will among other things:
1. Captures and stores data for driver’s license issuance.
2. Create database for registering new driver’s license
3. Print drivers license to vehicle owners.
4 Detect double registration.
1.4 Significance of the Study
Driver’s license registration system has held confidentiality, integrity and availability to be the core principles of information security. In the research work carried out, the following are some of the benefits the government will derive from the new system designed.
- Confidentiality: The system attempts to enforce confidentiality by detecting double registration during transactions, and use it to track registration information.
- Integrity: In information system, integrity means that data cannot be modified undetectably. So, the system designed enables data protection from unauthorised users.
- Availability: For any information system to serve its purpose, the information must be available when it is needed. The registration system developed is made available for remote access. Hence it is available for use at any time and from any location.
- Authenticity: The data capture in the new system makes drivers license registration authentic as no two persons can share the same data. So, this will remove the issue of double registration.
HOW TO GET THE FULL PROJECT WORK
PLEASE, print the following instructions and information if you will like to order/buy our complete written material(s).
HOW TO RECEIVE PROJECT MATERIAL(S)
After paying the appropriate amount into our bank Account below, send the following information to
08140350866 or 08058580848
(1) Your project topics
(2) Email Address
(3) Payment Name
(4) Teller Number
We will send your material(s) immediately we receive bank alert
Account Name: AKINYEMI OLUWATOSIN
Account Number: 3022179389
Bank: FIRST BANK.
Account Name: AKINYEMI OLUWATOSIN
Account Number: 2060566256
Account Name: AKINYEMI OLUWATOSIN
Account Number: 0042695344
HOW TO IDENTIFY SCAM/FRAUD
As a result of fraud in Nigeria, people don’t believe there are good online businesses in Nigeria.
But on this site, we have provided “table of content and chapter one” of all our project topics and materials in order to convince you that we have the complete materials.
Secondly, we have provided our Bank Account on this site. Our Bank Account contains all information about the owner of this website. For your own security, all payment should be made in the bank.
No Fraudulent company uses Bank Account as a means of payment, because Bank Account contains the overall information of the owner
Please, DO NOT COPY any of our materials on this website WORD-TO-WORD. These materials are to assist, direct you during your project. Study the materials carefully and use the information in them to develop your own new copy. Copying these materials word-to-word is CHEATING/ ILLEGAL because it affects Educational standard, and we will not be held responsible for it. If you must copy word-to-word please do not order/buy.
That you ordered this material shows you have agreed not to copy word-to-word.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
YOU CAN ALSO VISIT: